Mga Pahina

Biyernes, Hunyo 20, 2014

Wait I Love My Your Remembrance

I believe that for most of the UP students who stayed at Kalayaan Residence Hall, the friends that they meet there remain to be their friends all throughout their college days or beyond. It is an advantage to have stayed at the dorm for you will be presented daily an opportunity to know some people outside your college. I am always the envy of my classmates who are non-dormers because a lot of people would always greet me. That I can say is one reason why college was not that difficult for a probinsiyano like me.

Inside the UP community are dorms that have communities of their own. True that when you are out of the dorm, you find comfort through familiarity with the fellow dormers. When inside however, factions are there-factions made by special interests, by partner corridors, by religion or by regionalism. Each faction asserting its identity.

I remember barely two weeks into my college life and we had this corridor assembly called upon by the resident assistant. Except for few talkative people, I am not familiar with most of my corridor mates. I was like standing silently while waiting for the assembly when one smiling face made some introductions. He said he is an Ilocano so we immediately started conversing in Ilocano as if we have a lot of common stories to share. My first year went on and I grew to know and appreciate this person as a truly genuine one. He is always sweet, easy to approach, generous and friendly. Even when he joined the fraternity, I did not feel an inch of change from him when it comes to interacting with me. He is a true friend.

All throughout my college days we will occasionally meet at the oval or on the jeep or at the shopping center and we do not fail to take a moment and catch up with the things that have gone with our lives. Even when I was passing by their tambayan and we see each other, he will always wave and smile.

Whenever we see each other we think of our first year days and laugh. We can not do that anymore. Only I can. I look back and not just laugh but be sad why such young soul is taken away from us. I do not question the Lord for the things that happened but I am just human and humans do have emotions. If it is a sin to be sad after all these years, then let me be a sinner as a testament of how dear you are to me as a friend.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento