Mga Pahina

Martes, Oktubre 21, 2014

DIVA- divavae

I passed by some baklitas on my way to the airport. I smiled as I heard them belt out diva songs on the karaoke. I am sure one of them is Whitney Houston and the others can be Vinah Morales or Sharon Cuneta. This experience brought me back to the days when I became part of a production: the DIVA- divavae project. It was a 2 hour show about the question of who is the ultimate diva of them all. As the title implies, all of the characters are gays except for the love interest who appears to be manly but I have kept a different opinion of him even up to now.Just like in real life, no emerged the victor as all singers are supreme in their own rights.

Even way back college, I have dreamt of setting up an organization that will unite gays who think they are divas. I have met and have known a lot of these biriteras who would have gladly joined the organization should I have mustered enough courage to start it. What stopped me from doing so is the thought of a purpose. Way back then I cannot find a strong reason for the existence of such an organization. Will it merely be a special interest group and nothing else? I lack the vision back then.

So every time that I hit the karaoke and feel the urge to make birit- I have to endure the loneliness. Not that my girlfriends are no good singers but they can never replace the kind of singing baklita biriteras will give. Girls tend to be generous when singing with gays thinking that they are a bit superior when it comes to range. There is no thrill at all- I am always looking for the sapawan and the pataasan and the longest to breath portion.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento