Mga Pahina

Miyerkules, Setyembre 24, 2014

Pseudoparent- My Kalayaan Story

Moving to a new house is beneficial for "sentimentals" like me- we find things tucked with all the other memorabilias. I found in the heap some pictures of my boys. I may not be lucky enough to be blessed with an ovary but I was able to "raise" around 70 marvelous boys in the span of two years. I have a lot of regrets in life but this page of my college life is something I will always be proud of.

Looking at all the pictures, it is amazing how I can remember their names and what courses they initially pursued in college. They may not remember me or what I am but I am happy that I have played a role in their lives. I am sure that somewhere along that year of being together, they may have picked an inspiration or two from me.  I feel like a teacher who is remotely remembered but has been part of those formative years. 

I am friends with some of them in Facebook so I tried checking their profiles. Some of them are licensed architects, accountants, engineers, chemists and are pretty much doing well in their careers. It amazes me how these once gawky kids turned into very aggressive corporate cells. It makes me proud. They may not remember me or credit part of their life to me, I am proud just the same. 

I am sure every Resident Assistant of Kalayaan Residence feels the same way as I do. Some of us stay very close to our "anaks" and some like me drift away. But this does not mean to say we have forgotten them (even if they have forgotten us). "Lahat kayo mga anak ko, galing kayong lahat sa puso ko" is a line in a movie so apt for my situation. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento