Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Mayo 14, 2015

Coming Home

I have literally flown all the way home for the homecoming early this month. I have boarded a plane from Surigao, boarded a bus to Baguio in Cubao upon arrival, and finally boarded the bus to Sagada. On top of those, I have boarded a banca and a lot of taxis in between. I have braved all those in the name of the homecoming 2015.

For most, homecomings are intended to rekindle the past by meeting the old faces and reminiscing all those silly moments. For some including me, it is our way of showing our gratitude of our roots. If the former would have been my primary reason, it was a disappointment for only I showed for our batch. I am aware of some batch mates who settled in the locality yet failed to show at the event. I understand them for they have their reasons.Seeing old faces those of my generation and beyond is already a rewarding experience. How many of these old faces have inspired me into what I am today? The list is endless.

For how can I not attend an event if I have practically grown with the school? The school is the very reason why we are now residing in Sagada. My father hails from Sabangan and my mother from Tadian making us "dayos" on where we now call home. Ever since I was a child, my mother would bring me occasionally to school. I remember playing with those potted plants-sipping the sweet nectar and popping their buds. I remember playing with the stapler and getting my hands stapled. Along the way some of our students became our kuyas/ates.

Growing older I have constantly witnessed school affairs through my mother. Some of my projects during my elementary days had their inspirations from the works of my mother's students. Then it was time for me to be in high school and I attended school here. Graduating from it's portals, I am proud to say that I am a product of a quality public education institution.

So you see I cannot blame those other batch mates of mine if they have not shown up during the event. Among all of us, I am the most expected to be there for I have spent a longer part of my life there. I have attended not just for myself but also for my siblings who have gone through the same way as I did. We will always treasure the school because it was the reason why we have belonged to the community. Even if my mother does not teach there anymore or that me and my siblings rarely come home, the school and the community occupy a permanent slot in our hearts.

Live long Bangaan High.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento