Mga Pahina

Lunes, Oktubre 7, 2013

Open Doors and Little Glasses

Back in my undergraduate years, I have this burning desire to graduate and find a job. Way back then there were no stronger desires than finding a job that will make me happy. Now I have one and had two other good jobs before yet I can not find that level of satisfaction I have once imagined to be present. Maybe those younger dreams are pushed by the desire to be out in the world and conquer harder challenges. Indeed, being part of the workforce is a harder challenge- boss being so demanding, people too judging, no sense of fulfillment and achievement and disproportionate compensation for the effort spent. 

I am in my mid-twenties and my friends usually ask me why am I still studying. I give a simple answer- to find some source of fulfillment and self worth.  As slaves of this capitalist world, we strive and give our best and what do we get in return? material compensation that can not buy a lot of things. Happiness, satisfaction, security, love and all the other things that we feel are missing in our lives. We end up straining ourselves only to find out that what we have worked for is not giving the returns we are expecting. There is also the fact that office rules and regulations are sometimes too restricting. Maybe studying in a liberal school made me uncomfortable of these discriminating restrictions.

Today I submitted a half-baked research paper for my final exams. Half-baked it is yet I am sure that I will be happy with the grade that I will receive because it would be commensurate of what I have exerted. So much fairness isn't it? When at work, do you always feel that? Do you always get the credit you deserve? Are you never sick of office politics? If working is a big glass and satisfaction is the water that would fill it, I can never fill it up in one go.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento