Mga Pahina

Martes, Disyembre 24, 2013

Emancipation

It is always said that the best measure of how you love someone is how easily you can let them go despite loving them so much. Without selfishness, it is always possible to let go of someone even if they have occupied special compartments in our lives. This Yuletide season I look back and realize that letting go is the best gift I have ever given to a friend.

The isolation in an island creates more opportunities for an individual to ponder up on things- to be more reflective. It is on that same state I am in now. For the first time, I am reflective yet not regretful of how I steered my life this year. Living in isolation makes you appreciate minute details- that within huge mess ups are small reasons to be happy. It is during this reflective state that I have thought of the moments where I have bestowed my best of gifts.

I left my job about two months away from Christmas. Initially I have thought that I am only doing it to advance my interests, now I have thought that there are other reasons. I know they are grateful that I have finally voluntarily vacated a post that has long been consuming expenses yet not putting in return. I do admit to that fact given the peculiar set-up of where I used to be employed.

I bade goodbye to an old love this year- for the last time. I have hurt him in the past for very selfish reasons. I have easily done that yet have painstakingly made lame efforts to ask for forgiveness. His demise reminded me of how late things can be if left for tomorrow. He gave me the gift of freedom and I gave him the gift of eternity in my memories.

I also severed ties with an old friend. Maybe now my friend will not understand it but in the future she will. Painful as it is but it is worth the thought that a person dear to you is free from the shackles of the dark past. We can never move on with some fragments of the dark side passively threatening to spoil what we enjoy now. I have given her the gift of freedom and she has given me the gift of being part of her colorful life. We all have that friend we will regret losing and the only things we can hope is for them to find better friends who can occupy the void we vacated. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento