Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Enero 23, 2014

Shapes and Shades

Up until a few months ago, I was convinced with the idea that being an isko or an iska is a guarantee that you are better exposed and more aware of the array of life. Having tagged ourselves as the cream of the crop and also as a progressive breed, we among all the academic institutions are the best examples of what open-mindedness can really become. My university life actually deconstructed my idea of conservatism as the conservatives we have at the university are a far cry from those outside. I have embraced my sexuality because of these beliefs.Little do I know that I am bound to be disappointed by this expectation tagged at most iskos. 

Imagine the shock I had when I learned that an anti-gay crusade pitched against me is being masterminded by a fellow iska. I have been through a lot of crusades against homosexuals and have managed to survive them all. For most of those I have encountered are waged by religious fanatics and bordering hypocrites. I even had one crush whom I professed love and who advised me in response that God has better plans for us. If all rejections are wrapped this way, I will not mind having them everyday. I also do not mind dismissing these detractors for I understand deeply where they are coming from.

I can not seem to find the source of motivation for this fellow iska. At every opportunity she gets, she will be ranting at how having a homosexual in an organization corrupt morals, image and decency. Are the gays rare during her prime that she is not aware of the fact that gays are just like bitches who come in various shades and shapes? I have not read a single scientific paper equating homosexuality with lack of decency, propriety, morality and whatever dogma they want to believe on but fail to act out. What is surprising is she gets to have some people agree of her bidding.


Just like gays, iskos and iskas come in various shades and shapes too. Hers is swinnish with the dominant color black. If I may borrow a line from a NA movie, "may sakit ang Diyos nung pinanganak ka."

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento