Mga Pahina

Linggo, Mayo 15, 2011

Life as we see it

At my age I would consider myself as luckier compared to others who have not managed to finish their education and were left in the provinces to wallow in the old way of life I have completely shunned away. But I would think that success and achievements vary in definitions so is our notion of fulfillment. Even if we carried the same task, you might not feel it was a failure if you landed 3rd or second because your idea of winning would be to enjoy the competition and not place the last. Such are the realizations after singing at the funeral of an old acquittance. This acquittance is barely 35 years of age and was acquainted to me because we are both active at the parish in our university. He died last Sunday after attending the mass. All his life, he says he has been religiously attending the mass and assisting the father on the mass needs. I never felt envy on his works not until he died and I came to fully realize what fulfillment was brought by his devotion. A lot of us would call most church leaders as hypocrites but I believe he is different. I hope I can set aside more of me for the service to God.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento