Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Setyembre 19, 2013

Constellations

Today I am making another brave move in my career. One month from now I am again moving to a new job. Three years since I graduated from college and I already had around 6 jobs- 3 of them full time. My first job is into government service, the second job is into research and marketing and the most recent into training and development. I would often ask myself two questions, what direction am I trying to pursue and when will I settle down?  Even my family seems to be used to my usual movement from an employment to another that is why they just leave me to my decisions. 

I have various valid reasons why I move ranging from graduate school research projects to the petty generic reason of not-happy-with-what-you-are-doing while in fact the real reason is your dissatisfaction of the compensation. Satisfaction is such an elusive word that I can't seem to find. I try to stick with a job and keep in mind that the movement might send the wrong signal to any future employer but my confidence is saying that I have evaded that a lot of times, what about doing it again. 

But my movement now is different, it is a job that will pay homage to what I have been groomed to be. Every time I meet my former college classmates, they will share their experiences in the hospitality industry and I just smile. I am an outsider because I have worked in various industries but never where I was initially intended to be.I would want to give it a chance before saying that I am never meant for the craft. I still love Carl Jung and Myers-Briggs but I can set them aside for the search of myself. This is somethng bigger now, not just to go back to where I am intended to be but to try if what I am current pursuing is what is meant for me. This venture is aimed at hitting two birds with one large pebble.

I will never regret that I was exposed to my former jobs. I have learned very valuable reasons from them that have molded the skill sets I currently have. I am sure that someday it will all make sense. I will look with wisdom at all the points I have stopped in my career. I would like to look at those points in my life like the stars forming a constellation. Even if in reality they are light years away from each other, they appear to the eye as one beauty.

It is a given that the beauty is me. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento