Mga Pahina

Lunes, Marso 9, 2015

Emulate

I must thank my professor for instilling in me how it is to be grateful of what you have and be the primary fan of your own achievements. He further said that we must however always counter our self-directed fanaticism with the reality. Without these words, I might have found myself pitiful a long time ago.

Just recently, an interviewer asked whether I find myself successful and I said yes. He asked for reasons why I said so and I mentioned that most of the plans I have plotted were realized and I see that the near future plans are currently on the works. He then asked if someone else appreciates that fact and that question stuck for at that moment I do not have an answer.

There was a time when I have eagerly waited for invitations to make inspirational talks-graduations maybe or career orientations or practicums. Nothing came and I just though that I might have been too young to be seen as a likely model of success. I waited some more with this secret wish that invitations will come. Nothing came but it was ok.

It was in my MBA class for Personality development that our professor taught me words that have changed how I view success. I have stopped seeing it using the expectation of others as a yardstick whether I reached my goals or I fell short. For success rooted at the expectations of others are other people's success- they have succeeded in charting your course to their liking. Success must have sprouted from our personal desires. When you are happy and content at what you have, what others think just become secondary. Maybe in the future, invitations will come and I know pretty well what I will be sharing to inspire- that you must never mistake success with recognition.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento