Mga Pahina

Huwebes, Marso 26, 2015

The Next Station

Of late, there are few things that make me ponder about moving on and getting on with life. I have been used to moving on and closing the chapter behind but as I age I come across inspirational people who will likely be open pages in my life. Not that I do not want them to move on and get on with life, but I want to remember them at the state where they have inspired me most.

Few days to go and a mentor will move with her professional life. I have nothing else to say but express my deepest gratitude for it is with her that I have found recognition and acceptance in a place where it is scarce. She have seen me as a different person but I actually consider her as one of my best mentors especially that I have transitioned to this career path. It is not those numerous times that she stuck her neck for me that I most grateful of but rather of the fact that I feel I have fulfilled my mission for this particular place and I can finally move on. Almost a year ago, I arrived on tears and fear but I can say that I can now move on knowing that the likes of me can now trod these grounds being regarded and recognized for what they really are capable of. For this I am truly grateful to her. 

An acquaintance asked me recently why I have not figured on the wedding entourage of someone who used to be so close to me. Even pressed further by questioning why our hilarious wedding plans were not put to reality.  I declined to answer for I might say the wrong words and send the wrong message.  I could have just said that both of us just moved on and have outgrown that friendship, but that could be misconstrued. There was no falling out whatsoever, there was only this mutual decision of moving on and we did. I have always regarded her as a sister could not have gone through college easily without her companionship. Our friendship may have been the casualty of the choices we made in life but hey- we made new friends and a have this opportunity to apply the learnings we derived from our lost connection. 

Whether  we move on with happy thoughts or sad ones, what is important is we look back and treasure those things that we have learned from the recent past. Look into the future with optimism- paparating na sa susunod na istasyon. Ang susunod na istasyon ay...

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento