Mga Pahina

Linggo, Abril 3, 2011

On Appreciation

I am very particular with appreciation because I am the kind of individual who deserves that in most of my works. When I do something, I always do my best to make the best of what is required. If time and resources permit, I often try to exceed what is expected of me. I guess it is but human to expect some appreciation after exerting effort on a thing that you asses as appreciation worthy. 

During my college days I always get that appreciation because I make it to the point that the teacher will give me what is due me. There may be few cases where they did not but I have managed to squeeze it out of them or that I found some other meeker manner on which I can elicit their appreciation.
At my current job, I always feel frustrated that I do not get the credit that I deserve and is merely watching most of the praises to someone who does not even deserve half of it. Well maybe that is the price of being a subordinate and that someday I may also savor the praises that I did not earnestly earn. But I guess not.. should time come that I would have a subordinate as diligent and as productive as I am today, I will acknowledge his/her effort. Not because I am a self-righteous person but because it is what I know is right. I am proud that my parents nurtured my ethics rights... for I do not climb the ladder at the expense of others.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento